Do you think we are wasting our time? Do you think we are really making a difference as we choose to give up everything to teach our children at home? Aren't we giving up a lot of things? I miss having a hair stylist. I miss having a "real" date with my husband. I miss going shopping. I miss going out to eat with friends. I miss doing "ministry". Is it worth it?
What do you think? I keep putting blog posts up here every Monday, and I am not getting any feedback or thoughts. What do you think?
Perhaps I have been too "correct" and too "encouraging". Maybe it is time that we have some dialogue on here. Each of you has knowledge and history that is valuable to me and others. Even if we can't talk or see each other regularly, we can meet here. What do you think?
I do think that the sacrifices we make are worth it in the end, and I do think that we are "living like no one else, so we can live like no one else" (thanks, Dave Ramsey). I think we are going to enjoy even more joy in the future because our children will call us blessed as Proverbs 31 states. But, what do you think?
Mission US
8 years ago







1 comment:
I completely think it is worth it. Alot of my family members have been asking me this week if I am sure I can home school again when I am due to have baby # 3 in March and have a 14 month old to look after. I didn't know how to answer them all week-end until after church on Sunday. When Pastor Chris was talking about how as parents we would give up anything to protect our children, it dawned on me. That is why I am doing this and my daughter's education is COMPLETELY worth all I will miss out on. This is how she learns the best and if I want the best for her, I will make the sacrifices to make it happen. Some people might not get why we home school and some might disagree with it, but all that matters is what God's will is. I know in my heart I am doing as God wants me to do. ;)
Post a Comment